I have always been a city dweller, but not so much a fan of the hot days of summer. Not only is it scorching outside, but it is also difficult to get to many of the locations when living farther away from the centre of the city. Now that I am moving to a place 10 minutes away from the beach, I have become much more inspired to explore the city I was born and raised in with much more depth and excitement. Here are a few of the things I think are key experiences when visiting Toronto for the first time or if, like me, you want to get out and experience it a bit more.
1) Take a walk along Queen St or King St
2) Go to the beach for a lounge
3) Have a long bike ride through the many paths around the city
4) Visit Kensington Market for a variety of cultural experiences
5) Watch a play in High Park
6) Go to a food festival at Woodbine Park
7) Have a drink on a balcony/ patio
8) Go to a music festival on the Toronto Island
9) Watch a movie at the Sail-In Cinema at Sugar Beach
10) Make time for the friends you ignored during the colder months
Any other notable things to do in Toronto this summer?